Friday, September 3, 2010

Duet.

This past Winter I went with some girlfriends to see a mutual friend's band perform. Right after their set was over, Duet came on stage to start their show. I had no idea what I was in for... they combine percussion, keys and woodwinds to recreate your favorite dance songs as well as awesome originals. Duet was on stage for three hours playing songs that brought everyone to a different place and back again. My friends and I literally danced for the entire three hours. The venue was packed and nobody wanted the band's set to end. It was such an amazingly magical night that happened so organically and so spontaneously and it was genuinely the best concert experience I have had in a long time. I've been to many, many concerts since then, but none of them have had the effect that this little-known Brooklyn-based trio had on the crowd at N. 4th Bar that cold night in February. On the band's MySpace page, they state that they "Sound like: The best night of your life..." and they did.

Duet is performing at Rockwood Music Hall's Stage 2 tomorrow night (Saturday, September 4th)! GO!!! Become smitten (times ten). ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment