Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sell Out?

Okay, I totally understand when musicians don't want to "sell out" by having their song play in the background of a match.com or baby food commercial, but why not have your music play in a television show or movie that your target audience will be watching? It's good promotion... it's good business.

That being said, I also totally get that a person's art isn't always about business. But typically, when you want to create your art for a living, you have to work hard enough to get paid or else how will you be able to continue making your magic? I personally think that it's amazing that I get to do what I love everyday and get paid to do so. Not all musicians feel that way... but that's why I'm smitten. ♥

PS: Glee is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment