Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hey Jude.

From the day I was born, music has always been a part of my soul. My family used to own a record store and we always had music in the background of every little activity. I grew up listening to the Beatles and Joel Grey, Carly Simon and Carole King. I skipped the Sunday morning cartoons and preferred the Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Bye Bye Birdie. I longed to feel the music the way those musicians and actors did.

Someone once said that "music is what feelings sound like" and that couldn't be more true. I have chosen to share my love of music, lyrics, life and love on this blog and I hope it resonates with you and the songs that you hold close to your heart.

Hey Jude was written to help Julian Lennon get through his parents divorce. When I was little, my mother hated the song and turned it off whenever it was on. Growing up "Judy" when this song was released was awful for her. I, on the other hand, being the ham that I am; would have loooooved it. :)



Hearing this song always builds me up. Makes me happy. Makes me think I can do it. Hey Jude will always be an anthem for me. I may not have been around when the Beatles were tearing up the charts and making teenage girls go wild, but their songs reach me still and I wouldn't be the person I am today without their music and lyrics.

What's that one song that always makes you feel better?

No comments:

Post a Comment